April 09, 2013
Windham Trails Network
Produced in 2001 by the Trails Committee (a Planning Board
sub-committee) utilizing a handheld GPS device accurate to +/- 15':
Schreiner - Digital data collector and Cartographer
- Member Planning Board and Analog data collector
- Member Planning Board and Conservation Commission
Trails - Woodland roads, and trails collected via
handheld GPS device.
- Trail Road
Connections - Roads that connect major trail regions.
- Rail - Abandoned railroad beds.
- Easements & ROWS - Town Easements and
- Wetlands - Wetland areas.
- Streams - Streams.
Map - The Town boundary.
Bodies of Water - The Great Ponds of
Roads - State, Town and Private
- Conservation Land - These are the Town owned
- Hydroplane -
- Parcels - Property outlines.
Permissions (Land Owner Rights)
- On all maps, town owned land is indicated in green areas. Rights of way
and easements exist as green lines. On these lands the public has the right
- Many of the trails listed on these maps exist as "Discontinued roads".
Where these interconnecting discontinued roads abut town-owned land,
they are available as a right-of-way for all townspeople to enjoy.
Where private lands abut these discontinued roads abutting land-owners
have a right of way. Where the trails or discontinued roads exist on
private land, remember to ask permission of the land owner.
- The list of discontinued roads in Windham include the following. Those marked with
an *, denotes that the town (public) has right to pass over these roads.
All others are owned by the abutters.
- Johnny Hill Road
Bridle Bridge Road
Butterfield Rock Road
Dark Entry Road
- London Bridge Road *
Spear Hill Road *
Governor Dinsmore Road *
Bissel Camp Road *
Witch Hazel Road *
Pine Hill Road *
Country Road *
Hopkins Road *